Marijuana, the term indicates by the whole, natural cannabis plant or mined from it to treat definite health conditions. Marijuana influences the body among cannabinoid receptors as they are the part of the endocannabinoid system. Related to this, the body generates a few cannabinoids naturally.
Cannabinoids functions as an essential role in controlling energy balance, appetite, insulin sensitivity and metabolism of lipids.
Benefits of marijuana in lowering diabetes:
- Medical marijuana helps in controlling the blood sugar levels and they resist with antioxidant properties that aid in reducing arterial inflammation.
- The marijuana provides neuro-protection which aids in diminishing neuropathic pains which is a complication of diabetes.
- It maintains blood vessels open which reduces blood pressure and improves in blood circulation.
- Marijuana aids from mitigating muscle cramps and in diminishing gastrointestinal pain and cramping.
Marijuana assists in reducing factors with diabetes:
- Maintaining with overweight or obese is one of the most important factors for the development of diabetes. According to the research, obesity is pertaining to 85% of the risk in developing the diabetes condition.
- Various studies show that marijuana aids in diminishing the problem of diabetes. Some of the research even indicates that cannabis users suffer less from diabetes compared with non-users. Being capable to use insulin effectively is important for health. Research proves that marijuana can increase insulin sensitivity.
- Inflammation shows an important role in the enhancement of diabetes. In fact, anti-inflammatory properties of cannabinoids help in reducing inflammation that is leading to diabetes and associated complications.
- Diabetic retinopathy is the major cause for the loss of vision with diabetes and is the most frequent cause of blindness occurred in adults of working age. The results of research proved that cannabinoids treatment offers defence from diabetic retinopathy.